Times are changing, making it a challenge to find the perfect gift for your grandchildren. When you are doing your holiday shopping, it can be helpful to have some guidance about the gifts that the grandchildren will love. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Babies: Teething toys can be a good option. Or, consider a gift of cash or a gift card to help parents with the costs of diapers and formula.
- Toddlers: This age is a time when children love to be active. Look for things that can be used outside, such as a ball, tricycle or a scooter. Talk to the parents about bike options. Even if the child has something to ride, it might be time for a bigger size if they are outgrowing their current toys.
- Preschoolers: Children are learning at a rapid pace at this age, so look for things that will help with their development. Books, games, and craft supplies can be great. Choose items that will help to develop reading and writing skills, as well as dexterity.
- 5 to 8 Years Old: This is a fun age to buy for because the children are creative and interested in many things. Consider art supplies, sports equipment, or games that help them learn about science or electronics.
- Tweens (9 to 12 Years Old): The “tween” years can be a challenge when it comes to gift giving. This age group has grown out of the interests that are shared by younger children. At the same time, they are trying to be “cool” among their friends. Novelty gifts are a great solution, such as fidget spinners or a Magic 8 ball.
- Teenagers: At this point, teenagers are focused on their friends and social circle. Many teenagers receive their first cell phone, so you might look for accessories to go with the phone. Headphones, phone cases, or iTunes gift cards are all great options to consider.
If you don’t want to give an item, consider the option to give an experience. Buy tickets that you can use together, helping with child-grandparent bonding.
Here at Greenwald & Gerke Realtors, we know that family relationships are the most important things in life. Our team is here to help you find the right house or condo to support your retirement needs and family holiday parties. Call if you have questions or need help with anything: (844) 782-9674