Patti Gerke and Ron Greenwald, founders of the “Senior Stay or Go” program in San Diego, would like to invite you to an upcoming class at San Diego State University.
This class is covering the topic of the right living environment to match your lifestyle:
- “Rightsizing,” also known as “downsizing” by many people
- Staying safely in your current home
- Moving to a retirement community
We will also be talking about many other common questions and topics that come up when people are considering a home for retirement. Our goal is to answer these questions to help you find clarity about the best solution to create the lifestyle that you desire.Some of your questions might include:
- How long have you lived in your home? Many people have been living in the same home for 20, 30, or even 40 years.
- Have you accumulated a lot of stuff during that time, such as family treasures and memorable items?
- Is it safe for you to stay in the same home as you age in place?
- What is your 1, 2, or 3-year plan if you find yourself in a situation where you need to relocate?
- What are the tax implications of staying in your current home or moving to a new residence? Consider both capital gains as well as property taxes.
Our goal with this class is to help you Rethink Home. You are not alone in this decision! Many people are facing the same questions that you are asking. There are many resources here in San Diego County that you can use to make the right decision.
Look at your options so that you can choose the best living circumstances to match your needs. If you choose to stay in the home, make sure that you implement a few changes so that you can stay there safely. Or, we can help you explore the option to move to a smaller home or choose a retirement community.
We invite you to find answers to these questions by joining us for our “Rethink Home” class that will be held at OLLI, San Diego State University. Click here to register for the class and learn more. You will have the opportunity to talk to the experienced instructors from Greenwald & Gerke Realtors. Call our office if you need more information: (844) 782-9674