Selling a home doesn’t need to be a tedious, drawn-out process. When you are working with the right real estate team, you can maximize the equity available and use those resources to ensure a comfortable retirement lifestyle for years.
It can be a big change to move from your family home to a retirement community or condo. Consider these tips to simplify your move and improve the overall outcome:
- Clearing the Clutter: Years of gifts and purchases often accumulate in the closets. You likely won’t have room for everything when you are “rightsizing” to a smaller home. Now is the time to clear the clutter. Create piles for “storage” and “donations.” You might also consider offering some of these items to your loved ones if they would like to hold onto family memorabilia.
- Brighten the Living Space: Light is important because buyers want a home that is comfortable and welcoming. If you don’t have a lot of natural light, you can overcome this problem with the strategic placement of lamps and mirrors. Make sure that all lights are on and the window coverings are open when people come to see the home.
- Spruce Up the Yard: Curb appeal has an impact on first impressions, and might even influence a person’s decision to tour the home. If you don’t have time or energy to spend in the yard, hire a landscaping company to get rid of the weeds, plant a few flowers, and clean up the lawn.
- Invest in Repairs: Small maintenance and repair tasks are essential to ensure your home looks great for potential buyers. Put together the list of items that need to be addressed. Then bring in the right experts to help with the work.
- Deep Cleaning: It’s amazing how much dust and grime can build up in the corners of a home through the years! Make sure the windows are washed, the floors are scrubbed, and the bathrooms shine. Go room by room to deep clean and eliminate clutter.
At Greenwald & Gerke Realtors, our goal is to help with all of your real estate needs in retirement. If you are preparing to sell your home to move to a new retirement location, then we are here to assist. Call to learn more about the best strategies for selling your home: (844) 782-9674